Don't miss the first ever H2Open Day on Saturday 28 April 2012 – a day of open water swimming activities, kit testing, swimming, demonstrations coaching and seminars concluding with a 750m no-pressure timed practice swim brought to you in partnership with Triathlon Racing Inc (organisers of SwimFest and Lakeside Triathlon). This is the perfect event to get your 2012 open water swimming season off to a flying start.
Confirmed exhibitors to date include Blueseventy, Mailsports, Henley Swim, PowerBreathe, Swim Trek, Big Blue, Strel Swimming Adventures, the British Long Distance Swimming Association, the Outdoor Swimming Society and NOWCA. Additionally the MySportingTimes shop at the venue will be open throughout to give you the chance to test, hire or buy the latest swimming equipment from major brands including 2XU, Blue Seventy and Orca. We also have a great range of speakers lined up (see programme).
The venue is the superb Reading Lake Hotel and its adjacent swimming lake.
Also up for grabs will be a Blueseventy Reaction wetsuit (check in at the Blueseventy stand on the day for details) and a Swimovate Poolmate (via the Henley Swim stand).
- Open day only: £15 (in advance), £18 (on the day)
- Open day plus training race: £25 (in advance), £28 (on the day)
- Take advantage of the advance booking prices and ensure your place now
(We are using PayPal to process payments. To complete the payment process you will temporarily be taken onto PayPal's website. If you wish to pay be cheque please post total payment to "H2Open Day, 20 Burnell Avenue, Richmond, TW10 7YE" and include your email and postal address. Make cheques payable to ZG Publishing Ltd.)
Please read our Terms & Conditions and Cancellation policy.
Hear from the open water swimming experts
- Nick Adams, President of the Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation, on 'Becoming a long-distance swimmer'
- Colin Hill, Marathon Swimming Technical Manager for the 2012 Olympic Games, on 'Bringing Olympic open water swimming to Hyde Park'
- Mark Bayliss, ultra-endurance athlete, on preparing for his London to Paris challenge where he's attempting to become the first person to complete the swim portion without a wetsuit.
- Dan Bullock, head coach with Swim for Tri, on 'Swimming faster in open water'
- Joel Enoch, sports scientist and H2Open nutrition editor, for a Q&A on swimming nutrition.
A day to celebrate open water swimming
H2Open is working with Triathlon Racing Inc and MySportingTimes to create this day of open water swimming activities that we're calling the H2Open Day. Whether you're a casual open water swimmer, racer, long-distance specialist or swim tourist they'll be something there for you.
1200: Registration and exhibition open
1300-1620: Lake open for equipment testing and swimming
1245-1745: Presentations and seminars for open water swimmers
1400-1430: Demonstration swim - top level swimmers demonstrate basic open water techniques including sighting, drafting, turning, deep water starts etc.
1500-1545: Coached open water session
1630-1700: 750m mass participation race
1800: Exhibition closes
1815-1900: Awards presentation (invitation only)
Please note, this programme is subject to change. Refer regularly to our website and Like us on Facebook for any updates.
A detailed information pack including directions, hotel booking information (if required), cancellation policy and other terms and conditions is available here.